BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Brittle cracking nails


My nails have taken a beating in school. It was not until my last month in class that someone mentioned we could simply coat our natural nails with clear polish and a layer of cuticle oil before letting the students practice on us. This information would have been helpful the first week of class. Regardless, here I am with very brittle and cracking nails. I have never lost so much of my natural nail nor experienced so much pain on my fingertips and am desperately trying to take action to keep what of my only 100 layers I have left in place.

I was initially advised to simply leave them all natural which quite frankly left them feeling too vulnerable and pained. I have researched multiple techniques for healing and tried many different options. Finally, I believe I have found some relief in simply soaking my fingertips in olive oil for 20 minute periods of time. I tried it at bedtime last night so I could allow the oil to absorb overnight. This morning my nails were significantly harder than they were just ten hours ago.

I am hopeful that through continued soakings with olive oil my nails will continue to regain their strength. In addition I will continue coating with a coating of my nail treatment polish and rubbing with glycerine lotion. If others have had great success with other treatments please feel free to share them.